Basic Wildfire Fighting
Aim: To provide the trainee with an introduction to fire behaviour and suppression
techniques and strategies. It will allow the trainee to participate at a wildfire incident having
gained a basic understanding of wildfire.
• How Materials Burn
• Factors Affecting Fire Behaviour
• Development of Wildfires
• Fire Agency Awareness and Networking
• Health and Safety Regulations
• Protective Clothing
• Wildfire Safety
• Fire Fighting Equipment, Water and Foam
• Suppression Strategies and Tactics
• Risks and Hazards of Fire Fighting
Accreditation: Trainees receive a certificate of attendance from Lantra Awards.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org / 01765 609355