Trees and Timber Measurement
Type of Event:No Categories
This one day training course is aimed at landowners, woodland managers and land agents who have an interest in being able to estimate the volume of growing trees or timber within their woodlands.
By the end of the course, students will have covered the following outcomes:
- explain why trees are measured
- explain mensuration conventions
- measure individual tree parameters
- measure stand parameters
- select appropriate methods of determining volume of individual trees and forest stands
- establish the volume of an individual tree
- establish the volume of a stand
- measure timber by weight
- visit an appropriate uniform stand to measure trees as as exercise.
The course is Lantra Awards accredited and the day will be split between classroom and woodland to provide students with both the theory and practical side of timber measurement.
Ideally, we aim to have between 6 and 10 trainees on each of our courses.
Price per person is £150+VAT which includes a workbook and use of relevant materials, Lantra Awards certification and light refreshments. Lunch is not included but participants may wish to bring a packed lunch with them.
To book a place on this course, please contact Erica Spencer at firstname.lastname@example.org.