Grown in Britain Standard Licensing Training
The aim of this course is to provide potential applicants and auditors of the Grown in Britain Standard with an introduction to the Standard, its general requirements and the different categories of the licence and how these should be complied with and audited against the Standard.
At the conclusion of the course, attendees should be able to:
- Know the main components of the Standard and the four key elements – UK provenance, legally felled, from sustainably managed forests and with an effective chain of custody for inputs and outputs.
- Have an understanding of forest policy and regulation in the UK.
- Have an understanding of how forests are sustainably managed, and what systems are in place to evidence this, and how they relate to the two Standards – Grown in Britain (GiB) and Grown in Britain Woodfuel (GiB-W).
- Understand the definitions of “legal” and “sustainable” in the context of the two Standards.
- Have an understanding of the processes involved in chain of custody for inputs and outputs.
- Know how an application can be made to the Standard and under which category – Forest, Forest Product, Supplier, Legal Only, + Recycled Content and Woodfuel.
- Know the General Requirements of the two Standards.
- Understand what is required in terms of record keeping by Licence holders in order to maintain compliance with the two Standards.
- Understand the requirements of label use and branding compliance.
- Be aware of biosecurity issues and control measures and health and safety.
For those wanting to be an auditor there is an additional session – Session 4 Understand the role of auditor – which includes an integrated assessment. Qualification to audit licensees will depend upon passing the written test at the end of the course.
The full agenda and course content can be found here.
£0.00* (including VAT) per person which includes course handbook and catering on the day. *discounts may apply.
For further information please contact Erica Spencer by telephone on 01765 609355 or by e-mail. A Booking Confirmation Letter, Joining Instructions and our invoice will be issued upon receipt of your booking. Invoices are payable prior to the commencement of the training as per our Terms and Conditions.
Bookings are closed for this event.