Countryside Productivity Scheme launched

March 13, 2015
The Countryside Productivity Scheme is a capital grant scheme which covers up to 40% of the total project costs, with the applicant required to pay the remaining 60%.  The following list is not exhaustive but the CPS could be used to offset the costs of:
  • winches and associated equipment for extraction (including skyliners)
  • self-propelled wood chippers
  • tractor-mounted firewood processors, and
  • mobile saw benches or saw mills

The following items if they meet all Health and Safety Executive guidelines on rollover, operator and falling objects protection:

  • timber processor and harvesting heads for primary processing of felled trees
  • forwarders (log-moving vehicles)
  • forest harvesters
  • skidders – these must be used in line with UK Forestry standards, and
  • tractor-mounted forestry grabs or tongs
We are holding an evening seminar about the provisions of the scheme on the evening of 26th March at the Golden Fleece in Thirsk.  Should you wish to attend please contact Andrew Kitching at
For more information visit:
Applications for the CPS have to be submitted by 30th June 2015.


← go back